We’re having a Live Stream!!
The stream is scheduled for September 16th, 2016 at 9:00pm (eastern time USA / GMT -5) and is expected to last 2 hours. The game of choice for this stream, is Kerbal Space Program, where we are on a mission to complete A CHALLENGE! The video is embedded above, and you are free to watch it here if you want. If you want to engage in the comments section for the stream however, please click the visit the video on YouTube directly.
This weeks challenge for the stream is as follows: Build and Pilot an SSTO (Single Stage To Orbit) craft to Duna
However, these are the success conditions:
- The plane must transport 15 kerbals
- The plane must NOT dock or otherwise connect to any other vessels for fuel transfer (no refueling)
- The plane MUST LAND on the Surface of Duna
- The plane must haul a ROVER to the surface with it
- Kerbal will plant a flag on Duna, and Rover will take science experiment from the surface to prove victorious
- FAR (Ferram Aerospace Research mod) must be installed and operating with default settings the entire time.
- We’ll be using as many stock parts as possible during this build, but this is not a requirement. Mod parts allowed this time.
BONUS CHALLENGE: Return the plane and the Kerbals back home safely. Super Amazing points for landing on the landing strip when doing so.
YOU CAN JOIN IN ON THIS CHALLENGE AS WELL! Here’s what you can do!
Build a plane for a mission that matches the above criteria, and test out your skill in accomplishing this goal yourself! Then, when you think you’ve nailed it, SEND IN YOUR CRAFT FILE to the HotTips gmail address. The details of this entire contest details, including submission instructions, are in the video below. For security reasons, the email address to submit crafts to is not typed here in text. You will need to watch the video below to learn the address to submit to, OR, open the video up on YouTube, and read in the description of that video.
There is a PRIZE for the person I think had the best looking plane (which still needs to work… I will test the one I pick as the winning craft during the live stream, and it must appear as though it can work, otherwise I choose another plane). The prize is a $10 steam gift card.
IF I NEED TO HAVE A CERTAIN MOD INSTALLED TO LOAD YOUR CRAFT, PLEASE TELL ME THE MODS REQUIRED WHEN YOU SUBMIT! I WILL NOT HAVE MY FULL MODLIST INSTALLED DURING THE STREAM!